Brett Pouting

Brett pouted. “Jalen…why can’t I go rabbit huntin’?”

Jalen shook his head and put an arm around Brett. “Because a storm is rollin’ in and there won’t be any rabbits. They’re all be smart and stay in their holes where it’s dry and warm, which is where I want you too.”

Brett pouted even more. “The rain won’t be here for hours yet.”

Jalen arched an eyebrow at Brett and said quietly, “I said no Brett.”

Brett grumbled. “You’re just bein’ an ol’ stick in the mud.”

Jalen shook his head. “No, I’m usin’ the good judgment the good Lord gave me and rememberin’ what Dallas has taught me as I was growin’ up about jumpin’ into situations I thought were safe and weren’t.”

Brett said, “I’m not you. I’m not as impulsive.”

Jalen gave Brett a stern look. “That will be enough little boy. When I say no, I mean no.”

Brett stomped away.

Jalen was to Brett in three quick strides, took hold of his bicep, turned him and landed three hearty whacks to the seat of his pants. “Do you want to continue this discussion little boy?” He asked quietly.

Brett yelped. “Oww! No Sir!” He answered Jalen.

The Sheriff smiled and pulled Brett into his arms and hugged him tight. “Good. I love you Brett and don’t want to lose you…ever.”

Brett snuggled into Jalen’s arms and said softly, “I love you too Jalen”

Jalen smiled. “I have a better idea of what we can do while it storms.” He began to lead Brett to the house with his own mischievous look.

Brett, seeing The Sheriff’s look grinned in return knowing what that look meant and even though he was still rubbing the sting out of his backside went more than willing with Jalen into the house.

               




No comments:

Post a Comment